Yes I know, I know who can't make an omelette! But ask yourself this question what is a perfect omelette? One that has the flavour, does not break and evenly cooked. Of the many omelettes I have had, I have to admit the one that caught my taste buds has been the one that my hubby Anup cooked for me. What a way to woo the wife on the first morning home after the wedding celebrations. On my lazy morning days, I normally ask him to chef the breakfast and on one such morning, he made this omelette delight. Served with toast and OJ what a way to begin the day!
- 2 large, organic eggs or farm eggs
- 2 green chilies, diced finely
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Toasted bread of your choice
Serves 2 adults | Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
1. Heat a non-stick skillet and add the oil. Grease the skillet on all sides and pour out the excess oil in a bowl and set aside.
Tip: Remember the oil is required just enough to grease the pan. So you can reuse it in case you wish to use the egg batter in 2 batches.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly.
3. Pour the egg mixture evenly on all sides of the skillet. Ensure the egg mixture is uniform on all sides of the skillet.
4. After about a minute, loosen the sides of the egg to allow it to be flipped after 4 more minutes of cooking.
5. Next toss the egg on the other side and press the tip of the spatula randomly on all sides of the egg surface to ensure the heat goes through egg base.
Tip: Remember not to tear the egg in doing this process.
6. Allow it to be cooked for 4-5 minutes and evenly undo the egg from the spatula and place on the serving plate.
|Breakfast is served!|
7. Serve with toasted bread and OJ