"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Choco chip cookies and Gems or M&Ms or Smarties cookies

I had made these cookies first when I was all of 12 yrs old :) It is such a super easy recipe to make. You can involve your little ones in the making of these cookies as well. The baking time is also quite short and no additional syrups, etc are required in the making of these cookies.




You need:

  • 2 cups of plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cup of choco chip cookies or gems (You can also divide the dough in 1/2 and add 1 cup of choco chips to one batch and 1/2 of gems to the other batch like I did)


The Make:
Cooking Time: 10 minutes per batch | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Makes about 20-30 cookies (depending on the size)

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside. You can avoid the salt if you are using salted butter.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
5. Blend in the vanilla essence.
6. Thoroughly mix in the flour mixture until combined well.
7. Using a spoon, fold in the choco chips and gems in batches or together or either one or as per your choice until evenly distributed across the batter. Don't fold in too much as to cause the chocolate to melt.
8. Scoop about 1 heaped tbsp or teaspoon of the batter and place on a well-greased baking tray  or directly on a baking sheet. Continue doing this with sufficient spacing between the cookies to allow it to expand.
9. Cook for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden and crispy. Turn to a rack to cool down.


You can serve hot or cold as desired. The kids would enjoy these cookies at Christmas time and it isn't too late yet to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"