"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Double Chocolate Brownies - The ultimate chocolate brownie recipe..

We have been celebrating quite a few birthdays since July, starting with my hubby Anup's to my Dad's and mine which was just 2 days ago. I love baking and most esp. for my loved ones. Incidentally for those of you who do not know me, I entered the kitchen through baking. Started with crash and burns and messing up my mum's cake tins :D I was known as the Dessert Queen for a long time as my explorations were limited to desserts. There were these almost two whole years I never touched a cake mixer or had anything to do with desserts. I kind of abandoned making them (used to still eat them though ;) ). Well that's a long story that needs another blog post.

These were special brownies and I sent them over to Izzy's CLO at school as she loved my Anniversary Love Cake surprise pics that is on my blog. She loved these brownies. In fact her message read, "It is really yummy, thanks a lot... U r a gr8 cook...Thanks once again". Rhea you are most welcome. I love baking for friends and loved ones so will do it again :) just be ready to try them out and share your feedback :)

So dear readers, if you follow these recipe details to the 'T', you will not go wrong. I know as I have experimented with variations of chocolate, butter and eggs. This post is dedicated to my dear friend 'Vidhya Venkatachalam' who has been asking me to post these brownies for a while now. I used to make these brownies quite often when I stayed with Mom in Dubai through school years and thereon. It was really a sweet surprise to hear from you. Miss you lots g-friend!



It will be sometime before I can bring you more of my recipe creations as I am going on a short break soon. Until then, I have a request. Please do visit G'Gina's Kitchenette Indiblogger Awards 2013 nomination page and click on 'Comment'. You comments are not only counted as a valuable vote but also will determine the nature/authenticity of my food blog by the jury in deciding if I win! Please visit today if you can. It takes only a minute and only requires that you log into your Facebook page. Thanks heaps in advance and hope you all enjoy a wonderful Eid that is soon to arrive. Eid Mubarak!


You need:

  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 squares (1" per sqaure) of unsweetened baking chocolate
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • Pinch of salt (not required if you are using salted butter)
  • 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts







The Make:

Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 25 minutes | Serves 4

1. Preheat the oven to 210°C.

2. Melt the butter and the chocolate either in a double boiler on the stove top, whisking intermittently or in the microwave at the 30 minutes increments and stir at each increment up to a minute. Give it one last whisk and set aside.

3. Mix the dry ingredients. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Using a whisk, toss the ingredients well until they are fully incorporated.

4. Add in all the the wet ingredients except the milk and eggs and mix well. Next add in separately whisked eggs and give it one more swirl.

5. Next pour in the chocolate and butter mixture, milk and eggs and stir the mixture together with a ladle until the batter mix is perfectly smooth and lump free.

6. Line the cake tin with parchment paper or butter paper to avoid the brownies from sticking and for a finer finish.



7. Pour the batter into the baking pan. Give the tin a tap on the kitchen top to ensure that the batter is even across the tin. Smoothen the top with the back of a ladle if required.

8. Turn the prepared cake tin to the preheated oven and turn down the temperature to 180°C.

9. Bake the batter for about 20-25 minutes. Test with a skewer or toothpick and ensure it comes clean when inserted into the center of the cake tin.

10. Allow it too cool to room temperature before cutting in. Try to cut the brownies in even squares each.



I still have not purchased my new cake tins and made this one which was given to me by Anup's cousin's wife Anu Abraham. Thanks a lot sis :) The cake tin is round and I could not cut all the pieces to even squares each owing to the shape.






Hope you all enjoy this recipe. It's simple to make and you can have it ready in under 30 minutes.

Bon Appetit! Eid Mubarak once again to all my dear readers!

Please do visit G'Gina's Kitchenette Indiblogger Awards 2013 nomination page and click on 'Comment'. Thanks whole heaps in advance!

2 comments:

  1. looks so yummy, i am definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tnx Rachna..it was! Please do and when you do, do take a picture for the @Readers' Wall of Fame and email it to me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com...thanks again!

      Delete

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"