"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Dosa-Idli Poddi - Chutney (Rice pancake or Steamed Rice cake Powdered - Chutney)

This one is dedicated to my uncle Joy (Joychayan, Mum's eldest bro) who is no more. God rest his soul! He used to have a handy bottle of this every time we visited him in Abu dhabi. Really easy to make and a good combo with Dosa or Idli.

Dosa-Idli Poddi - Chutney
You need:

4-5 dried red chilies
4 tbsp of urad dal (split black gram - when split it is white in color)
1/2 tbsp salt
4-5 pepper corns
1-2 tbsp of EVOO or olive oil

The make:

Preparation time: 2 minutes| Cooking Time: 2 minutes


  • Dry roast all the ingredients except the EVOO for about a minute till the urad dal is lightly brown.
  • Grind the dry roast to a fine powder. Bottle in a clean, dry jar and store in a cool, dry place.
  • When using the powder, add a tbsp of the grounded powder with some EVOO or Olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"