"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Asian inspired Snake gourd


This recipe has been a repeated experiment for quite a while now and I have the ingredients experimented across a variety of veggies but most commonly for the humble bitter gourd. This time I tried it with snake gourd.




It was an excellent accompaniment to the Keralite spicy fish curry and rice. Yum!




You need:

  • 500 gms of snake gourd, thinly sliced
  • Salt to taste
  • 2-3 tbsp of jaggery
  • 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds (you can use the white, split ones as well)
  • Oil to drizzle
  • 1 tbsp soya sauce
  • 1 tbsp of pepper powder
  • 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic-chili sauce or you could just add a tbsp of ginger-garlic paste and a sprinkle of crushed, dried red chili


The Make:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15-20 minutes | Serves 2 adults

1. In a non-stick pan, add a drizzle of oil, toss in the snake gourd, salt and saute well.
2. Next add in the mixture of jaggery, black sesame seeds, soya sauce, pepper powder and the ginger-garlic sauce/paste.
3. Saute well  and cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
4. The resultant snake gourd would be sticky, sweet and somewhat crunchy. Serve hot on the side of rice and spicy fish curry.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"