"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Oven BBQ Chicken

This was a dish I first made all of 18 yrs ago and was a hit at home then. I am glad to see both 'A' and Izzy love it as much if not more. We even fought over a share of it. I especially loved Izzy's reaction to the chicken..."Mama...(slurp) yummmie"...even as it was being barbecued.

BBQ Chicken served up!

You need:

  • 1 kg of boneless or boned chicken cut into small cubes or medium pieces
  • 1 tbsp cayenne powder or paprika powder
  • 1/2 tbsp salt
  • 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
  • 1 sprig of cilantro or coriander leaves finely diced (optional)
  • The BBQ Sauce


The Make:

Cooking time: 45 minutes | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Serves 4-6 adults
  • Marinate the cleaned and cut pieces of chicken in salt, pepper and garlic for about an hour or more.

Marinated chicken laid on foiled tray
  • For the BBQ sauce, click here
  • Heat the oven for about 10 minutes on high (245°C).
  • First layer of sauce added
  • Line a flat baking tray (I use the one that comes with the oven) with foil and drizzle some EVOO.
  • Lower the heat to medium and place the marinated chicken and add 1/4 of the sauce on the foiled tray in the oven.
  • After about 20 minutes, turn the chicken on the other side and add another 1/4 of the sauce. Add the last 1/4 in the last 10 minutes of the 40-45 minutes.
  • Take a butter knife and check if the chicken is cooked by trying to cut through one of the pieces. Turn off the flame and allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the oven.
  • Take out the chicken pieces in a serving bowl and garnish with the onion rings and cilantro (optional).



BBQ Chicken





BBQ Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"