This was a dish I first made all of 18 yrs ago and was a hit at home then. I am glad to see both 'A' and Izzy love it as much if not more. We even fought over a share of it. I especially loved Izzy's reaction to the chicken..."Mama...(slurp) yummmie"...even as it was being barbecued.
|BBQ Chicken served up!|
- 1 kg of boneless or boned chicken cut into small cubes or medium pieces
- 1 tbsp cayenne powder or paprika powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- 1 sprig of cilantro or coriander leaves finely diced (optional)
- The BBQ Sauce
Cooking time: 45 minutes | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Serves 4-6 adults
- Marinate the cleaned and cut pieces of chicken in salt, pepper and garlic for about an hour or more.
- For the BBQ sauce, click here
- Heat the oven for about 10 minutes on high (245°C).
- Line a flat baking tray (I use the one that comes with the oven) with foil and drizzle some EVOO.
- Lower the heat to medium and place the marinated chicken and add 1/4 of the sauce on the foiled tray in the oven.
|First layer of sauce added|
- After about 20 minutes, turn the chicken on the other side and add another 1/4 of the sauce. Add the last 1/4 in the last 10 minutes of the 40-45 minutes.
- Take a butter knife and check if the chicken is cooked by trying to cut through one of the pieces. Turn off the flame and allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the oven.
- Take out the chicken pieces in a serving bowl and garnish with the onion rings and cilantro (optional).