"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Sunday 20 December 2015

Simple Chicken Roast

Yes, yes it just got simpler! I know that many of you hardworking mums and dads would still be fishing around for recipes to prep for Christmas lunch or dinner.







And there are some of you who are spending a quieter Christmas time owing to loss in the family or friends. You got to eat though right?



*This was before I learnt to bake breads ;) *Store bought* And also keeping it simple and just making a roast and a simple green salad. PS I still buy a lot of breads :D



So may be you don't feel in the festive mood this time and do the whole Christmas party /decorations shebang. This may help you make that simple roast for the family to sit down, reminisce over good times of old and remember your loved ones in prayer and good thoughts.






Not much more to say other than, this recipe is simple and straightforward and so I won't go on. Just diving right into this recipe.





What you need:

  • 1200 gms chicken (skin-on) and cleaned
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • EVOO (Extra Virgin olive oil)
  • Dried Parsley leaves


The Make:
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Roasting Time: 1 hour | Serves 4-5 adults

1. In a small mixing bowl, mix some EVOO, salt, pepper and parsley.
2. Marinate the chicken all over with the EVOO mix.
3. Place the chicken over a wire rack with a roasting tray below it to hold the juices and pop it into the oven at 180°C.
4. Roast for up to an hour. Occasionally baste the chicken with an oil brush from the juices dripping into the pan. You can baste the chicken at the 20 minute, 40 minute mark and then just before turning off the oven.

Rest the chicken before carving into it.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"