"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Homemade Whipped Cream


    Whipped cream – made from scratch (Homemade)

  •     Chilled Double cream or heavy whipping cream – 2 cups (or Amul Fresh cream with whey separated) *check Notes
  •     Sugar – either granulated or powdered – 1-1.5 cups (as per taste) or Vanilla Sugar(if available)
  •     Vanilla extract or essence (in case Vanilla Sugar or pods not available) – 1 tsp

     Method to prepare Whipped Cream: 
      
1. Chill a large bowl for at least 30 minutes. Ensure that you are taking a large bowl to allow room for the whipping action.Take the Double Cream, Sugar/Vanilla Sugar,Vanilla extract or essence (in case you are not using vanilla sugar) in the chilled bowl. Keep another bowl full of ice ready to be placed under the large bowl to act as an ice bath. 
  
2. Using a whisk (one with thin wires preferably), you can hand beat the mix till it forms nice creamy texture or peaks. It takes all of a minute to do this. Do not exceed this time as it will then reach into a butter stage. You can also use an electric beater to achieve this. 

 3.  Place it back in the fridge to chill.


Whipped cream done

Notes:
      1. Once the whey is separated, you can use it for curries or pasta sauces etc.
*



No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"