"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Banana Milkshake

Summer time is kicking in and its time to bring out that blender with the seasonal fruits for those delicious and cool juices and shakes!






I feel almost stupid to write this recipe as it is so simple.. but I just want to give a cool welcome to this warm weather.

I have tried this one two ways, one for my toddler and another way for me:)



You need:


  • 2 ripe bananas, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 a beer mug of ice cubes
  • 3-4 tbsp of sweetened cocoa or 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract or essence
  • 2 cup of milk of your choice
  • 1 tbsp of honey or brown sugar - if you are using cinnamon instead of the sweetened cocoa


The Make
Serves 2 | Preparation Time: 2 mins | Cooking Time: 0 mins

1. In a blender, toss in all the ingredients and blend once on high and once on medium and low.

2. Pour in the ingredients into individual serving glasses or pre-chilled beer mugs.

3. Serve cold with a funny straw or top with a mint leaf or two if you are opting for cinnamon.



2 comments:

  1. choclate & banana, nutell & banana and banana with vannila extract r my favs!...though making milkshakes is simple but i guess still its not that easy!... a perfect blend is a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true Vandana. A little too thick and won't be able to get it up through the straw and too thin would make it seem like flavoured water. Glad to hear from you. Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"