"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Thursday 31 May 2012

Penne Rigate Pasta Vegetable Soup with Parmigiano-Reggiano

Another inspiration brought back from our visit to Italy! I tried this earlier with Gruyere Cheese but I think Gruyere goes better with other kinds of soups like French Onion and the like!

You need:


  • 2 cups of fresh vegetables - cubed carrots, diced cabbage, chopped celery, green peas(optional), cooked and drained kidney beans, chopped green beans)
  • 2 cups of cooked Penne Rigate Pasta
  • 3 cloves of garlic minced or grated
  • 1 peeled and diced tomato (place the tomato in boiling water for a minute and run under cool water to enable the peeling process)
  • 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp Oregano (optional)
  • 1 cup tomato puree ( http://gginaflavorspalatte.blogspot.in/2012/05/homemade-tomato-puree.html)
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 block of Parmigiano-Reggiano
  • Drizzle of Extravirgin (I used Extravergine Albano) olive oil
  • 2 cups of boiled, cooked water
  • 1 cube of veg stock (or beef or chicken as per your choice). You can also make this from scratch or avoid it as the veggies will bring out the flavor in the soup.
  • 1 egg - beaten with 1/2 tbsp dried parsley, grated parmesan and some pepper


Method:

Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes| Preparation Time: 5 minutes| Serves 2 adults

1. Add a drizzle of olive oil in a deep-bottomed non-stick pan.

2. Saute the veggies(except the kidney beans) and half cook.

3. Add 2 cups of boiled cooled water and stock cube.

4. Add the diced tomatoes and puree, followed by the dried parsley, basil and oregano(optional) and salt and pepper. Cover the lid and run to a boil.

6. Lower the heat, uncover and slowly add the egg stirring all the time.

7. Add the beans and pasta and saute well. Do a seasoning taste test and add more salt or pepper if required.  

Penne Rigate Pasta Vegetable soup topped with Parmigian Reggiano
8. Serve into two bowls and grate some parmigian reggiano over each bowl of soup. Your soup is ready to be served!

Close up of the Penne Rigate Veggie Soup
Bon Appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"