"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Friday 17 April 2015

Papaya and Cinnamon Honey Cooler

“When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure.” 
― Alice Hoffman, Here on Earth

As a child I loved summers, especially as I was born in the summer of August _ _ _ _!

Now being in this sultry, sultry place, I am beginning to hate it! Well more so the humidity rather than then heat itself. So I was pleasantly surprised to hear that two years ago Chennai did not have much of a summer as it practically rained that whole summer! Ah bliss! So like Alice Hoffman mentioned in the quote above, I pray that the weather this Summer is uncertain and bordering on a cooler, less sultry (non-existent would be perfect) weather!

Until then, I need to keep both my family and me, cool as a cucumber with some perfect summer drinks/coolers. Incidentally this recipe can also be made with a blend of cucumber :) Next time, perhaps!


Papaya is actually a healing fruit!Rich in antioxidants, it is known to heal both intestinal and cardiovascular diseases. It helps in healing internal inflammations.Ideally unripened (green) papaya is best juiced as its healing benefits are found in its green state!



Did you know that honey and cinnamon has weight losing properties as well? It is not to say that those who do not want to lose weight cannot consume this combination. It has a weight balancing features and other benefits as well.



You need:
  • 2 cups of water (chilled)
  • 2 tbsp honey (you may want to drizzle on more depending on how sweet you prefer it)
  • 2 tsps cinnamon powder
  • 4-5 ice cubes, crushed
  • 2 cups of papaya pieces (chilled)


The Make
Serves 2 | Preparation Time: 10 minutes

1. Blend the papaya, water and honey.
2. Next add in the cinnamon and give it a whirl.
3. Add the crushed ice cubes in each serving glass and pour in the blended drink. Then top with cinnamon powder. 
Note: 
i. In case you are serving this to kids, you may want to blend the cinnamon powder in step 1. with the papaya as kids don't usually like seeing little bits on top of their drink.
ii. Also you may want to skimp on the ice cubes or avoid it in case your kid does not drink chilled drinks as yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"